Waterfall Gully to Mount Lofty Summit Hike
|Start Point||Waterfall Gully Rd, Waterfall Gully SA 5066, Australia|
|End Point||Mount Lofty Summit|
|Time||2.5 Hours – Walking|
1 hr 30 mins – 3 hr return, 3.9 km one way
Alternate routes to join the trail can be found at:
- Cleland Wildlife Park via Harford Trail.
- Waterfall Gully Road. Walk along Winter Track and Long Ridge Track to the Wildlife Park and then on to Harford Trail and up to the Summit.
- Measdays Lookout off the old Mount Barker Road, from there follow the Adventure Hike to the Summit.
- On almost any morning of the year the trail attracts a range of people: some casually walking, others using it as a training walk, some runners, and others with heavy-simulated packs training for distant hiking locations like Nepal. As the walk involves some steep sections, the time taken to walk the trail can vary significantly.
- On a busy weekend, car parking at Waterfall Gully can be limited.
More information about this trail and others in the area can be found on the National Parks South Australia Website.
- Contact us if you have any feedback or information (including trail notes and photos) to contribute to the ongoing development of Trails SA.
Select an activity to view the correlated difficulty rating and estimated time
Hover over a path to view the elevation profile.